Thursday, March 6, 2008

Three, Two, One . . .

I guess I should have posted everyday and reassured everyone as to my daily survival, but I got distracted. I deal with high stress, like David being gone, by serious overindulgence. I mean serious. Lots of oreos, chocolate milk, game cube, that kind of thing. This time I got the kids in on it. I assigned nights and Mark, Anya, and James each got to stay up late and keep mom company. We played game cube, board games and had late night cookies and milk. They each lasted until 12! Then we would all sleep in until 10. It really is a terrible schedule, but David will be home tonight and we will get back to normal. I actually had a really great time hanging out with each kid individually and focusing on just them. But midnight three nights in a row, I am a little over tired. I am going to bed much earlier tonight (I hope) so I can begin the second step of my own What Not to Wear Intervention, more on that on a later date.

In short, we are all doing just fine. Thanks to everyone for their concern and comments.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Okay... I've got to know what the "What Not to Wear Intervention" is... it sounds like it could be very entertaining!

I'm glad you're holding up well during Dave's absence!

Elaine said...

I'm with Sarah. Gotta hear more about the "What Not to Wear" thing. NOW!:-)

The reviewers said...

I HATE when Matt travels too... I always go and stay with my sisters when he is gone because I hate being home alone. I go Crazy!!! Where do you guys live???