Friday, March 14, 2008

God BLESS America

I heard something very disturbing today. Twice.

I was surprised at my reaction.

At the conclusion of what I listened to the first time my eyes were watery and I was shocked. The second time I heard the same message my eyes began to water...and the Spirit of God comforted me and rested upon me, blocking out what I was hearing...and it was reaffirmed to me what a blessed country we live in.

I just deleted a rather lengthy paragraph, where this paragraph now stands, about a pastor currently being debated in the media. But as I was writing I was becoming less and less inspired. What the pastor is "preaching" is not even worth repeating. It deserves no analysis. Its rhetoric is inspired of the devil.

Whoever might stumble across this particular entry of our blog, know this: America is blessed. And God will continue to bless this nation provided there are righteous men and women striving to live according to His ways. This great nation was founded on righteous principles based on freedom. God inspired the great Founding Fathers of this nation. And His hand is over us today. Not because we are better...but because of the good He knows America can be for the rest of the world. God watches over all of His children. America is simply a tool at God's disposal for the blessing of all nations.

I have hope. I have hope because of the righteousness of my Redeemer. My hope is sure. I hope for a better world. And until that day comes, may God continue to bless America.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I too am very troubled about this. And I have to wonder again about all the criticism about Romney's religion. Can you imagine any two spiritual leaders more opposite than President Monson and the one you refer to? Things are becoming more black and white all the time.

Wendy said...

Amen, brother! Just a little southern style, I too know that America is a blessed nation. It was founded by the hand of God and will continue to be upheld as long as there are righteous here to carry on. Thanks Dave for the testimonies I can read here often. It is comforting to know that there are really a lot of people out there that feel this way.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. We are part of a unique group of people. Grateful to understand the things of God. Bless you for keeping me informed.