Monday, March 3, 2008

Huh?

I am lost. It's true. It may be considered a little sad by some, but there it is. David left this morning for a business trip to Dallas for four days. Yes, I know some wives don't see their husbands for months at a time, but obviously the Lord knew I was not a girl who could do that. I got teary-eyed when he left, which is a great leap forward from the balling, heaving, sobbing that would ensue every Sunday evening in the fall of 99. For crying out loud I was in tears at the end of our second date when I realized I was leaving this guy for Provo in about a month. Silly isn't it?! Well, think what you must of me, but I doubt it will change. We did almost nothing today. Some laundry, some cleaning and a whole afternoon of game cube with the kids, slide in a short nap on my bed in the middle and that was my day. Anyone who knows me well knows that this is very unusual for me. Tomorrow will be better. It is now 6 pm and we are just now getting to our cereal dinner, and something for "half-family home evening." The kids refuse to call it regular FHE since the whole family is not together. They are cute and dealing well. David spent a good fifteen minutes on hugs and kisses this morning. They all had to hug and kiss him upstairs, and downstairs and in the garage, and then stand in the garage while he backed out, only to run in to the front windows to watch him drive down the street. So, who is more attached to him, them or me? I'd say it's a toss up. One day down, three to go!

8 comments:

Laurel said...

My hubby is gone for a few days too...(grin). You'll make it.

I love that you love him so much.

Anonymous said...

What a fun and tender daughter-in-law. How you are loved by this family. Thanks for being such a great mother to 5 special grandchildren and wife to our first born in the wilderness.

Anonymous said...

Why do I feel like I'm reading my eulogy? :)

I love you, Karen!!!

Sarah said...

I think that is so sweet, and I have to say that I am the exact same as you in that respect.
I have a co-worker who is moving to FL and leaving her husband here for an undetermined amount of time -- 6 months or more. Sad! All I know is, I couldn't do it.
I miss Zak when he takes off for the weekend with his brothers.
I think it's great that we have such wonderful husbands to miss!

I hope the time goes really fast for you!

Uzi said...

Karen, you are so cute! My advice, make a paper chain with the kids to count down the day......wait no, more like hours! :)

Whacky Wheelers said...

Sob! Sob! I miss you too David! But I also miss your wife and kids too!

Laurel said...

for someone who is lost w/o your hubby, you've clearly found things to do besides blog....I was hoping for a "blog countdown" or something!!

Dawn said...

I found your link from Whacky Wheelers' link. You sound like a wonderful, loving family. Missing him so much is a good thing -- it really is. My daughter, who just had her 8th, was always getting comments like the ones under your blog title. I only had 6, and I got them. IGNORE THEM. When people would ask how I could bring children into such an awful world, I would say, "This world needs all the honest, upright, God-fearing people it can get. And I think I can provide some of them." You go, girl! (P.S. I'm LDS, too!)