Saturday, March 22, 2008

Letting go...

Relationships.

They can be so difficult. Especially when one of the two is unwilling to let go. Granted...it's only been two months or so, but we made it very clear that the relationship HAD to end. Yes, Karen and I were involved in a relationship. It was good for us. We were given many benefits. It was because of that relationship that we were able to stay in touch with so many of you. But when Karen and I moved from Illinois, we decided it was for the best if we terminated the relationship. And the other party is just unwilling to let go. They continue to correspond with us. And I'm finally putting my foot down. I'm saying, "Enough already!" Let it go!!!

The following is my recent email communication with Frontier...our previous phone/internet/satellite provider:

GO AWAY!!! Your company is being OBNOXIOUS. We moved from Illinois back in December. We have no more affiliation with you (and thank goodness based on the poor customer service we've received since). It's time for your company to leave us alone. We've spoken with several customer service reps. We owe you nothing...we have no more service with you and haven't for over two months. We just got another bill for $56.46 for service dated 03-20-08 to 04-19-08. WE OWE YOU NOTHING!!! Close our account. I'll start to send Frontier a bill of my own through my lawyer if we continue to receive future charges.

Please confirm that our account is closed and that nothing is due.

Thank you.


Karen and I have moved 4 times since we've been married. And the utility companies, by far, are the worst people to work with during a move. I have great sympathy for anyone who has ever tried to carry on a logical conversation with a utility company. Logic and basic common sense are not their strong suits.

To be fair, there are a few exceptions. And I am thankful for those exceptions.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh my. What a funny thing really. Makes your life more interesting, right? Yes, utility companies can be very obnoxious. Loved the post. Very funny.

Laurel said...

Funny. I think I just got a similar letter from a boy! (grin)
Nice work. I do stuff like that too. It makes me feel so powerful.