Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"The Plan"

I am sure that many of those who read our blog, myself included have enjoyed the exploits of Mark. He is a rather creative child and his most recent work is quite impressive and amusing. Once he gets a little older and puts his ingenuity to work, well, I don't know what he will do, but it will be amazing. He came to me today to share a piece of paper he had been working on this morning. One side contains what a normal child would call a wishlist. Not Mark. The paper pictured here below is a listing of his Lego Hopes, and James' as well. They went through the lego instruction booklets for the sets he already has and listed the set numbers for everything they want.

Cute? oh, very! But that is not where it ends. The other side of this boy's paper is "The Plan." Carefully numbered and illustrated, though without his narration it might be hard to interpret. The boxy looking part is the windows of his lego police station. Step One is checking where he and James check all of the legos for broken pieces. (umm, legos pretty much never really break, but I guess he hasnt figured that out yet.) Step Two is Mark and James taking apart all of his lego sets. (Do you see he lego piece being taken off of the top of the tower?) Step Three is naturally the two amigos putting all the lego sets back together again. Finally, Step Four (which most of us can guess) is them playing and having fun with the legos, complete with drawings of him holding a lego person (middle right), lego motorcycle with driver (bottom left), lego police van to trap the thieves (bottom center), and the lego helicopter (bottom right). Perhaps I am just a proud mom, but I think the detail of his drawings are pretty darn cool. So here is just a taste of the minds I get to be around and learn with everyday! Do I love homeschooling? oh, yeah!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I hope you save that paper. What a wonderful indication of what this little guy is capable of doing. Oh how I'd love to see him right now and talk with him about it.

Sarah said...

That is just cute. What a smart guy!