Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's the weekend after Thanksgiving...

So Christmas can officially begin in the Christensen home. We had a wonderful visit with Karen's brother and family in Northern Virginia for Thanksgiving. (Shout out to Glen, Cheryl, Rachel, Jared, Ben, Alyssa, Spencer, and Ryan)

We've been married almost 9 years and have slowly acquired Christmas decorations. Although you are welcome to come celebrate with us, we realized it is unlikely many of you will come to our home this year. So here is a sampling of our Holiday decorations for your enjoyment:



This was my first attempt (ever) at a manual flash and manual focus. I know I have a lot to learn. Karen hung Santa from our ceiling fan pull switch thingy. I thought it was a work of genius!



Can you smell the aroma of sugar cookies?!? :)



We received this as a wedding gift (anniversary is December 28). Although I've come to learn this is not hard to come by, this simple manger scene is made of wood from an olive tree in Jerusalem.

Our first fireplace!!! How fun to have stockings hanging from the mantle!! :)

Karen handmade each of the stockings.





We love Christmas! We set the tree up yesterday and I fell asleep enjoying the soft glow of the lights on the tree and the spirit that reverently entered our home as we prepared for this season. I love that it begins with Thanksgiving. I love the symbolism of the decorations. And I love the reminder of our Savior's birth and life.

5 comments:

The Peters Family said...

Great job with the decorations!
I'm a fan of Santa hanging from the pull cord...great idea.

Laurel said...

You have a mantle!
You have a mantle!
The stockings are hung by the chimney with care!

I so want to be with you guys.
xoxo

Elaine said...

Christmas is such a homey time. I love seeing what yours is looking like. Thank you. I hope it is a wonderful season for you. Miss you and love you all!

Anonymous said...

Oh, there's no place like home for the holiday's...How true, how true. I had never thought about the season beginning with Thanksgiving. You are from a very smart family. Both of you.

Sarah said...

I love the stockings! Karen, you are my homemaking idol!