Monday, November 10, 2008

Introducing our first Bobcat

Life all of a sudden got a bit more busy. And this is the first of five...I suppose it won't slow down for 18 years when Luke leaves home. I'm excited just thinking about what the next years have in store.

Here's Mark ready for his first den meeting: He received his Bobcat award at the second den meeting.
And he was initiated! All the new Bobcats had their parents do a little artwork symbolizing the journey these young men were beginning. It's a good thing you can't see the blue "bird" on the right cheek because I had NO idea what I was doing! :)

Here's Mark's den. The pack is about three times as big. They're a good bunch of kids. Steven, Alex, Mark, Matt, and Ben. Each of them turned 8 within two months of each other. It will be fun to watch them grow up together.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Congrats to the cutest little bobcat in Virginia! Sure love you Mark. Keep up the good work. And Karen and David, you're doing a super job with those grandkids. It WILL be an exciting ride as they all progress!

Laurel said...

I LOVE this post and HATE that I'm not closer....

love you all SO much!!