Thursday, July 24, 2008

Elmer's Glue

I am astonished that it has been two weeks since either David or I have posted on here. Mostly I have been wiggin out about some stuff, but now David has gotten into Facebook. Crazy and fun all at the same time.

So you are now wondering why I titled this post Elmer's Glue. Like is there a reason, or is it the tumor talking??!?!

I have a reason!

Peter's hands have been peeling lately. It's not major or gross or anything. It just looks like he has dried up ELMER'S GLUE on his hands and it is peeling off. But he doesnt. I am neurotic, I don't let a 2 year old near glue. umm, ever! So I asked the doc about it when I was in today with Luke for his checkup. (Note that I have all five kids in an exam room that is 7x7 square and 86 degrees. Not the most fun, but the doctor and nurse are really great) She says to me that his hands peeling could be a sign of Strep Throat. Ya, that sound nutty, but we did the super q-tip in the throat (he was, umm, less than pleased) and it was positive. So tomorrow we start the fabulous pink Amoxicillin, eat it up yum!

Now when you combine that with a scheduling mix-up that had me at the aforementioned doctor's office two times within one hour, James using a toy golf club on a tree during a lightsaber duel, my accidentally erasing David's Facebook account and all the natural guilt I have when I take a day off, like today, and don't do devotional with the kids, and you get an idea of what my life is like today. How does life get so crazy when you aren't really doing anything???

Who knows, but it makes for a great blog!

5 comments:

Laurel said...

FINALLY! Don't ever stay away this long again...I mean it!

SO sorry to hear about the strep. Ugh...and did I miss something...tumor??? how am I so out of the loop?

Elizabeth and Brian said...

Hello Karen,
This is Elizabeth Ouellette, we use to be in the same ward in Columbia, MO. A lot has happened since I last saw you. Anya was just a baby.

I read your post and was thinking pf all the times my sisters and I would dump glue on our hands until our hands were coated. Then we would let it dry and peel it all off and gross people out by telling them t was our skin.

Mom said...

I'm glad that you know what the hand peeling is, but I don't remember that being a clue and we had our share of strep.
I was wondering where everyone was. No one has blogged for a while. Glad that you are back.

Come, Follow Me-Music Study said...

Wow! Step with skin peeling? Never heard that before. Are the other kids having to take meds too, just in case? I'm so sorry about all you're dealing with. Just know that your family and especially you right now are in many prayers! I'm so very glad that my brother was smart enough to find the right girl to add to his life and our family! I don't know you as well as I would like but I do honestly think of you as my sister! I'm glad you finally took some time to just do something you don't "have to"! Hope everyone is well soon!

Wendy said...

I didn't even think about it! When Saul had Scarlet Fever at the end of last school year, (it is from left over strep virus--so watch Peter closely!) His hands and feet peeled. I didn't remember that happening. But, it did. And yes, it does make for a fun to read post.