Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lightning on the Lake

Have you ever heard/seen lightning hit a lake...or any body of water? I know it's possible although not probable. But I'm not here to give a science lesson. Karen and I are pretty sure we just heard lightning hit the lake.

Imagine a giant redwood out in California. Imagine someone picking up a redwood and cracking it in half like a toothpick. Can you imagine hearing the deep, resonating crack that would create?

That's what we just heard. And then the whole house lit up. It was.....AWESOME!!! We're having quite the thunderstorm with blanket lightning and bolts of lightning. I love these shows!


3 comments:

Come, Follow Me-Music Study said...

I think NOW everyone can understand why we should not be in the water when there is lightning. Talk about electracution.

That has got to be a wonderful display of the powers of our Heavenly Father. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Elaine said...

How on earth did you get that picture? That's quick thinking! Glad you're safe:-)

Laurel said...

i love that things that would scare the heck out of me, you call AWESEOME.

cool pic too!