Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Worser than Daddy!

My new title. I am so proud. After all I didn't even know I could accomplish such a feat. It was simple really. All I did first was listen. When I listened, I heard Mark and Anya singing along on the karaoke cd of High School Muscial. That's the one with the music and no words. So I did what every other parent would have done in my position. I grabbed the video camera and quietly headed for the kitchen where they were sorting laundry. I turned it on and moved slowly around the corner to get a clip of the entertainment. That's where it all blew up. Mark saw me first, he yelled and took off running in the other direction. Anya yelped and dove for cover behind a half full laundry basket. James turned and smiled and said "What?!" I turned off the camera and went to look for my very sensitive 7 year old. I tried to hug him and find out why he was so mad. Let's just say he most certainly did NOT want to talk to me. I held onto him to keep him from running while I talked with him and that was when he gave me my new title. Then i tried Anya, she at least snapped at me with responses of why she was mad. Apparantly I missed the memo about not video taping them when they are singing. Oh, well . . .

Then, I blogged about it. Want to guess what happened next? (hint, hint basically the same thing a second time.) These are very complex little individuals I am living with.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's fake.

Anonymous said...

his comment is right. i like it.

Laurel said...

I don't know what's funnier...that it happened, that you blogged about it...or that the offended parties commented!

Too funny.
Thanks for the laugh today. I'd give anything to see the video!

Sarah said...

Poor, sensitive little souls! Maybe they'll grow out of it... :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Not sure when/where our kids learned to spell...much less post a comment on a blog!!!

I came home and Karen shared with me that she went upstairs for a few minutes. When she came down the stairs she saw Mark and Anya conspiring at the computer.

Anonymous said...

hmmm.... you now comment.

Elaine said...

If you were only more secretive you could get the video, we could all enjoy it and not even Mark would be the wiser. How sad that we didn't get to watch.

Wendy said...

Too funny, mine don't like to be surprised by camera, still or video. They don't even do well when they are aware of it usually. Kids really are funny creatures.
Nice comments Mark and Anya!

Anonymous said...

comment's are fun. hmm...

Anonymous said...

Where does an 8 year old learn to say hmm... You have some challenging years ahead.