Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Birthday Ode (or two)

i like that grandpa and hannah are part of the family. i love my family. happy birthday! i can't wait until grandpa comes! ~ Mark

Grandpa tickles us a lot. Hannah is nice. I love our family. Happy Birthday Hannah and Grandpa! ~ Anya

The orgin of birthday celebrations dates back to the time when so many children died young that each birthday you reached was a reason enough to throw a party. Since that is less of a worry these days, now we celebrate birthdays to show how much we love and appreciate someone.

Hannah - so kind, and so thoughtful. We have missed living close to you. Thanks for being born and being part of our family. We love you!
Grandpa/Dad - he tickles and he grabs necks! are the first comments our kids usually give when asked about you. We know that you do so much more than that. Always diligent in duties to family and God, you have been a shining example for us to follow. I personally love all the phrases you use and I knew with certainty that when I was called a dumb broad, I truly became a full-fledged member of the family. I love watching David each day and seeing so much of his dad in him. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! ~ Karen

Hannah - Happy happy birthday! I love your smile, your many facial expressions, your laugh, your kindness, your hair, your playfulness...I could go on and on. I love being your uncle. You are a beautiful daughter of God. Happy 11th birthday!
Dad - I've always looked up to you. I get a lump in my throat and moistened eyes just thinking of how appreciative I am for your example. You're solid. Happy 66th birthday! ~David

3 comments:

Laurel said...

way to include Hannah too! You "one-upped" me there.
I love this post. I've just officially decided that all birthdays will get recognized on my blog...sure wish I had thought of that sooner too!
We're so blessed to be a family.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. What a great family of which we are a part. Cannot wait until tomorrow to tickle little bodies screeming around the house. I have sworn off grabbing necks. Not the best of things to teach young uns.

Elaine said...

He IS solid! A great Dad and thank heaven he's still aging.