Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Coming up for air

I have been busy. Not really, but it seems like it. Until last night I had not read any blogs for about a week. Which is a very long time for me. Between my education, homeschool for the kids, being up every two hours at night (still) and scrapbooking, I have filled up my time. Sometimes I really wonder how shocked people I knew back in high school would be to see me now. (Forget that, how about my own family seeing how different I am now as opposed to then!)

I just did a let's learn about Native Americans and make our own peanut butter time with the kids, during which they shelled peanuts and I read outloud to them from The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. It was fun, but I am sticking (no pun intended) with Jif.

I am eating (Mom and Dad will LOOVE this) a bowl of Grapenuts in milk with sliced strawberries! How healthy am I?! Not very, I am planning on an Oreo or three a little later this afternoon.

In the last week I got the bug again and started scrapbooking again. I was, believe it or not, almost a year behind! For me that is totally unacceptable. The last page I had done was chronologically just after James' 4th birthday. yikes! So in the last week I have created 12 pages of our family's history. I am now only 6 months behind, in that I just did the pages for Luke's birth yesterday. Oh, and I am working on a blanket for Sarah's baby boy. ~Carolyn, your package is in the mail!~

Today is a good day.

Now the main reason I decided to post today was to respond to Wendy's tag.
ok, the nearest book to the desk when I read your post last night was and still is "A Thomas Jefferson Education" So, page 123, 5th sentence right? here it is:

But if you want something else, you'd better get into another system.

That's part of a discussion about whether you want a conveyor belt education or a leadership education. Good stuff!

Well, now that I have had a deep breath of oxygen, down I go again into the abyss. I have 2 pages to scrapbook, diapers to change, a baby to feed, home videos to transfer to vhs, not to mention my studies, in tjed, spencerian penmanship and last but certainly not least, the scriptures. It's a beautiful day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I laughed out loud twice...and I'm at work...so people showed a little concern. :)

Great post! I love learning about my family via the blog. I'm never too far from home that way.

I love you Karen. Thanks for being a good example for me.

Elaine said...

You make me tired(tired grin.) I can't keep half that pace anymore but I've been thinking alot about when my kids were little and really quite missing them. You're building memories for them and you. I'm so glad you're loving your life! Sure love ya!

Laurel said...

I love your life, Karen.
better yet, I love what you DO with your life.
Thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

You inspire me! Maybe one day I'll be able to accomplish as much as you... if I'm really lucky.
I love learning about the person you have become -- you are right, very different from when you when in high school -- but a better version of you! I think that's what we all hope for: to be a better version of ourselves and to keep working at it until we can be our best selves!