Monday, October 13, 2008

Woody Woodpecker

his is a test!
Ok...not really. But if I see him, this woodpecker is dead. :)

This happened over a week ago and we haven't seen him (I guess it could be a "her") again. So I hope that means he or she realized our post wasn't a tree. It doesn't help our home value...but it makes for a quick post on the blog. Had Karen not heard the obnoxious pecking and opened the door to see what was going on, our little feathered friend may have become a permanent tenant.

For those do-it-yourselfer's out there, do we need to fill it and paint it to avoid serious damage? I kind of want to keep it just as a conversation piece.

We live in Virgnia, there's NOTHING but trees everywhere...and Woody chooses the post on our front porch. Classic!

2 comments:

Mom said...

My opinion is that you need to fix it. Our neighbors have had repeated problems with this sort of thing. Also you don't want the wood to be left open to the weather. That is not good for it.

Anonymous said...

Because I am not the one to climb the rope with paint can and brush in hand, I say correct the problem. If it was me, I would use the unsightly mark as a conversation piece. Great pics.