Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's certainly not Church doctrine, but...

I want to share something with you.

I have another blog, more private, where I share religious, political, and/or controversial topics. I created it so this blog could be devoted to family...nothing too serious. But because this is more public and has a few more readers, I would like to share something a bit more serious tonight. I'll save the pumpkin carving photos for Halloween.

First, you HAVE to read my sister's post in her blog: Guilty, Your Honor. Seriously...read her post and then come back...otherwise my comments won't make as much sense.

Did you read it? Ok.

Here's what I want to share. When we're standing before the Holy One of Israel at the Judgment Bar, I don't think you or I will be alone. Sure~we'll answer for what we did here in this life. But when you fall down on your knees and sincerely apologize for the pain you've caused, I'll come help you back up and speak on your behalf. I will defend you for the countless good acts you performed. And I will praise your name before the Righteous Judge. I hope you'll do the same for me.

I think we can be pretty hard on ourselves. We make mistakes, yes. But God is merciful. More so than we may give Him credit. And I don't think we'll stand alone on the day of Judgment. I think we'll be surrounded by family and friends who will lift us up. And ultimately, the Savior's love will lift us to Him.

Just a personal thought I felt impressed to share after reading my sister's blog. Thanks, sis! :)

Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God: Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever: Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: which giveth food to the hungry. The Lord looseth the prisoners: The Lord openeth the eyes of the blind: the Lord raiseth them that are bowed down: the Lord loveth the righteous... Psalm 146:5-8

4 comments:

Jimmy&Michelle said...

What an amazingly cool post...

Laurel said...

love this, little/wiser brother.

I'd like to think we won't be alone. And I kind of think I won't have to same "I'm sorry". He'll already know.

And yes, I'll totally stand right there w/ you.

xoxo

The Peters Family said...

very cool. love it.
Thanks for your comments on my blog!

Anonymous said...

The most comforting words said are "the Savior's love will lift us to Him". That alone gives hope to me and all of us. Thanks for your insight.