Sunday, October 26, 2008

Come join our family part 1

So we went to the pumpkin patch on Saturday to choose pumpkins for carving. I was thinking we could get a few 10 pound pumpkins. The smallest we could find was 22 pounds...1 pound heavier than Luke. And guess who gets to do all the carving?
The place is called Carter Mountain and it provides a beautiful view of Charlottesville.
This is the Charlottesville I fell in love with. Here's one view of the Blue Ridge mountains. In the very center you can see a portion of the highway the meanders through the trees.
Everyone got a turn pulling the wagon. Did I mention this is a total of 72 pounds of pumpkin?!?
A storm had just passed through the area. The red was striking against dark clouds, blue skies, and lush greenery.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

My oh my. I never thought gathering pumpkins could be so beautiful. What an absolutely gorgeous place you live in. What a cool thing that you are enjoying it so much. Keep those pictures AND family times coming:-)