Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The votes are in!

It's official, although there were demands for a recount by certain persnickety fickle minded boys. No names will be mentioned in reference to a seven year old and five year old who had to be re-convinced that they had actually wanted Medieval Times as a Halloween costume prospect. (I'm not really sure who's idea it was initially, my best one was the days of the week, but none of the kids like it, o well!)

But, it is settled. I used the remember you get to have a sword tactic and got them re-excited about it. Then I sat down and discussed with them the particulars of what they wanted their costumes to look like. Then I asked myself why I do this every year! However after some stress, pattern searching and deliberation we are on track and the piece list has been made. Now we start watching for pattern and fabric sales on key pieces. Whew!

Here are my amusing anecdotes from this week:

Anya and James having an argument about how James assumed that Anya had assumed that James was assuming about something and Mommy always says that you shouldn't assume anything! (Honest, I do, and they really did say it just like that.)

Peter was found using the bath towel hooks to very seriously hang all of his green bucket of monkeys. Don't know why, but it was rather amusing at the time.

Winding up Sunday night/Monday morning sharing my bed with, count em', three kids. Amidst the tossing and turning were James' complaints that Anya thought he was Daddy and cuddled too much.

While changing Peter's diaper this evening (stinky), I finished wiping his bum, and while I rolled the diaper he kept his cute little legs straight up in the air and could not resist the urge to shake it a little to the music. I think Mark had a They Might Be Giants cd in and Peter's little body started to bounce like an aerobic exercise. Left and right, and left and right . . . trust me it was funny.

Well, I'll sign off. David is in Delaware tonight and I am a little tired. Thanks to all who participated in our poll. Once the costumes are made in the next umm, two months, we will definitely post pictures.

No comments: