Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Wear My Sunglasses at Night . . .

So I can, so I can see . . .

Truer words were never spoken. (or sung)

My day was very normal and not exciting so I am capitalizing on my sweet husband's misfortune.

I got a call this afternoon. It was David. He made it up and down the mountain without much ado, save for some sore muscles and a sunburn. He will recover, so his Mother can rest at ease now.

I know, right you are wondering where the punchline is. Be patient. It's coming.

You know how much you hate it when you go somewhere far away for a visit and then the moment you return from this long trip realize that you left something behind. I cannot even recall how many times I have done that.

Unfortunately David will remember this for quite awhile. He left his glasses on top of Mount Timpanogos.

Luckily he has prescription sunglasses that he can wear hence the song. He just might be wearing his sunglasses tonight.

Here are some lovely photos the kids and I tweaked for this post. I have been playing on ivillage's make over matic lately and well, it's a lot of fun.



David, you know I love you. I picked the glasses on the left, the kids picked the ones on the right. Both look fabulous! Who doesn't love a man in oversized purple shades :)




3 comments:

Elaine said...

I gotta say--those purple shades are wild! I dare David to wear something like that. How fun when the little ones think ugly is cool:-) I am SO glad the mountain is conquered--safely! I can rest easy tonight.

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I now have contacts. It was the cheapest, quickest solution until the Search and Rescue team finds my glasses on Timp. Hopefully they'll find them before I go home.

And so everyone understands my priorities, Brent and I decided to go see The Dark Knight before I realized all I had were sunglasses. So that encouraged me to run to Lens Crafters so I could watch the movie with him.

It was SO worth it. I don't recommend the movie to women or children. :) But the story line, the cinematography, Heath Ledger...IT WAS INCREDIBLE. But I can't, in good conscience, recommend it to anyone. It's a choice you'll have to make on your own.

Mom said...

You mean that I am not the only one who forgets and leaves things behind when I travel.
I do think that I made it home with everything tonight.