Sunday, May 4, 2008

Our own family circus

Remember that cartoon? Well, I realized we're living it. Karen keeps track of our kids "sayings" and has compiled quite a list over the years. She was reviewing them last night and I HAD to share a few with you. Some of them really could be a family circus cartoon.

Mark
  1. While driving past a pool after church on Sunday, Mark commented on all the kids swimming there. He said, "We don't swim on Sunday, they don't understand the rules." (age 4)
  2. Mark was "taking pictures" (snapping the flash on his camera) on the way to church today. Suddenly he tells me, "Mom, I took a picture close to my eye. The sky isn't blue anymore." So I asked him what color it was. He replied, "Red!" He was rather concerned, but by the time we got to church his vision had returned to normal. (age 4)
  3. I heard Mark tell Anya this morning, "This is how you laugh in Spanish, mmwwwhahaha," done in a deep throaty voice. (age 5)

Anya

  1. Anya went to the doctor today and had to have blood drawn. Once outside she informed me that she did not want to go to the "monster doctor" again. (age 3)
  2. Anya has always called the sister missionaries "sister marys" so when we got elders in the ward again, she decided their proper name must be "boy sister marys." (age 3)
  3. Anya informed me today about her bathroom issues, "My poops are spicy." (age 4)

James

  1. Today James told me this, "...and I have eyebrows and eyes and a mouth and a nose with boogers in it. But I don't have boogers anymore because I picked them all out and they are all over the house." (age 3)
  2. Today James informed me that he knows that the fat in my pants is just the baby. (age 4)
  3. The kids were playing outside this morning while Daddy finished some planting. It was flipping between misting and lightly raining so for some reason James held his fist up to the sky and declared, "Curse you rain!" (age 4)

We're enjoying the journey...

4 comments:

Elaine said...

I don't remember my kids saying anything clever or unusual. Does that mean my parenting was stifling? Or, was I not a very good journal keeper? Thanks for the fun share.

Laurel said...

FUNNY. you could write a book of these!
MISS THOSE KIDS!!

Anonymous said...

boogers all over the house. that is SO FUNNY!! those kids are adorable. Good for you for writing down their clever language.

Sarah said...

Have you ever had to try NOT to laugh out loud because you're at work and everyone will look at you funny if you do?

Mission: Failed.

Those kids are so darn funny!