Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

The Bishop (on TUESDAY around 8:30pm) asked us to talk today (Mother's Day). The Lord has been kind and helped us put some thoughts together Wednesday and Thursday. (Friday and Saturday was the Priesthood Commemoration Father and Son campout...we'll try to get the boys on the webcam after church to tell about their experiences.) So in honor of our Mom's (because really...without the two of you we wouldn't have had the privilege of having our stomachs in knots for the past few days...i.e.: had we not been born we could not have been asked to talk)...Happy Mother's Day (from David) and Happy Mother's Day (from Karen).

6 comments:

John said...

That is a great talk, Karen! You were a talented and delightful child, and you are a wonderful mother! (Your talk is also great, David!)

Laurel said...

WOW, you two...I feel like I just read two amazing articles in the Ensign. I'm not kidding.
I love you both so much...love your family...and am grateful to be one of the "every now and then" mothers to your kids. Karen, you totally made me cry on that.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to one of the best sets of parents I know.
Love you both!!

Elaine said...

What wonderful talks. Sure wish we had been there to hear--and we could have cared for the children and you could have really enjoyed the experience. Sure love you both. You're GOOD kids.

Come, Follow Me-Music Study said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

Thank you for sharing your words. I can't stand going to church on this Sunday but I ususally do. Today however I did not. But I want to thank you for my church today! I don't think the talks in our Ward could even come close! These were wonderful and I'm glad that you were guided to say the things you did!!! Love to you all!

THANK YOU!!!!

Sarah said...

Wonderful talks! This totally makes up for the talks we suffered through in our married student ward yesterday... You guys are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Is there anything more fun than listening to sweet comments by a grandson and reading words of wisdom by our children. Somehow, a girl wearing a baseball cap in the junior year in high school and this talk just is difficult to imagine.