Monday, May 5, 2008

I'm not very good at these tag games...

I'm trying to get Karen to participate in this one...stay tuned.

8 things David is passionate about:
-History
-Keeping things simple
-Landscaping
-Nature
-Music
-Maps
-My family
-The Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ

8 past books I've read (do picture books count?):
-The Peacegiver
-Huck Finn
-History of Joseph Smith By His Mother
-Jesus the Christ
-Great and Terrible series
-Fanny's Dream
-Grace Works
-Just started reading Team of Rivals and The Lonesome Gods...combined that's GOT to count for one

8 things I often say:
-Hi
-uh huh
-Interesting
-really?
-oh
-holy freakin' cow
-love you
-Bye

8 things I look for in a friend:
-spirituality
-likes to laugh
-sincerity
-likes to play games
-enjoys practical jokes
-open-minded
-can discuss current events
-older people (they have great stories)

8 things I want to do before I die:
-camp out atop Mt. Timpanogos
-learn more patience
-overcome weaknesses
-watch my kids grow up
-travel the country in an RV
-write a book
-run for president (I think I warned Karen before we got married...)
-live a long time

8 things I have learned this past year:
-I'm relaxed...or lazy...take your pick
-I love to plan
-Mosiah chapter 3 (in the Book of Mormon) was spoken by an angel...not King Benjamin. Read the chapter again knowing that it was an angel of God speaking those words...it enhanced the teachings of that chapter for me
-Mark's favorite color is red because it reminds the world that Jesus bled for us (Karen informed me he got this idea from The Friend)
-Coral reefs are flourishing along the Bikini Atoll's despite nuclear bombs being tested during the mid 1950's. The earth knows how to take care of itself. Despite human egotism, our impact on the earth is insignificant...don't even get me started with carbon footprints and carbon credits.
-Abraham Lincoln said, "The philosophy of the schoolroom in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next."
-My theory on the existence of Dinosaurs has evolved (no pun intended).
-So far, kids age 2 are my favorite

8 people I want to do the 8 things:
-Sarah Lewis
-Julie Olsen
-Cheryl Knutti (yes...you can use the Knutti family blog)
-Julie Wheeler
-Kathy Massy
-Uzi
-Jake Moon
-Wendy Maple

That was hard...yet rewarding. Thanks for the tag, Laurel. And for those of you still reading...my youngest older sister has a new website for Young Women. If you know a girl between the ages of 12-18...encourage them to take a look at: http://www.goasklaurel.com/.

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Okay, I love the things you say you learned. They were deep. YOU are deep. Who are you?
I'm especially intrigued by the Mosiah 3 comment.
WHO ARE YOU?
can't wait for some "brother time" in august.
LOVE YOU!
(karen...we're waiting for you to do the tag!)

Elaine said...

I love learning about you as I love learning about all my kids. Keep thinking and keep posting. I, too, would love to hear from Karen. Wish we could all (and I mean ALL) be together and just talk. I love it when that happens because all of my kids have great ideas and are fun to talk with. Happy Tuesday!

Whacky Wheelers said...

I could totally hear you saying, 8 things I often say . . . check out my blog in the next couple of days and you'll find my answers! Also, can you send me an email so I have your correct email address?!

The Olsen Clan said...

OH - I checked out Uzi. HILARIOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

i'm so intrigued with your statement about the coral reefs flourishing and also on your statement about dinosaurs. I need more...