Friday, December 5, 2008

Anecdotes

As I have been haphazardly getting things done around the house today, I remembered how long it had been since I had jotted down any of the funny things the kids have said and done. I am pretty sure I miss a lot of what goes on, but I do have word docs on each of them and I thought I might share some tidbits with everyone.

Anya came to me today and asked me to get the penny out of her pants. I was not shocked because her brother likes to tease her by doing things like that to her. So I begin to look in her diaper and shake her pants to get the penny out. “No, mommy its right here” Anya began to tug on the button on the back of her pants to show me. It took a few days to convince her that it was supposed to be there and it would not come off. (Anya, age 3)

While admiring her new baby brother Peter, Anya informed us rather excitedly, “He has my eyebrows!” (Anya, age 3 1/2)

Today James told me this, “. . .and I have eyebrows and eyes and a mouth and nose with boogers in it. But I don’t have boogers anymore, because I picked them all out and they are all over the house.” (James, age 3)

James was jumping off a kitchen chair and fell with a very loud thud and an “oops.” I asked him, “How’s the floor?” He had gotten up and started to dash out of the room, but paused to reply, “Hard.” (James, age 5)

Whenever Luke cries, Peter comes running and saying, “Ma-ma – Wa-wa, wa-wa!”
(Peter, age 2)

James’ new phrase “what’s the word I am looking for umm . . . . .NO!” (James, age 3 1/2)

Mark was sitting in the rocking chair this morning playing with his Spiderman sunglasses. Then he put them on his head (like grandma does) and said to his sister, “Hey Anya, look, I’m a woman!” (Mark, age 4)

Peter was fussing and Mark wanted to help calm him down. I heard him say that if he touched Peter and prayed to Heavenly Father, that would calm Peter down. When I heard him start praying, I turned around to see him with one arm folded and the other hand on Peter’s head pronouncing a blessing that Peter would be able to calm down and stop fussing. Then we talk about the Priesthood, where we explained that he didn’t have it yet. He hasn’t accepted that yet, but hey he’s 5 what can we expect. (Mark, age 5)

Everyone got busted today, climbing in and out of the refrigerator, trying to use it as a teleporter. (Mark age 7, Anya age 6, James age 5, Peter age 2)

It makes me laugh out loud to reread some of their antics and I am looking forward to many more fruitful years of anecdotes. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Elaine said...

And I'm laughing out loud. Thanks for making my day fun!

Anonymous said...

Just wait until you have had 20 years of "fruitful years of anecdotes". Then we will see. Larrie was 5'6" when she had David.

Laurel said...

MISS.
THESE.
KIDDOS!

Uzi said...

You have the cutest kids!

I can't wait to meet them and teach them all sorts of funny things! :)