Sunday, August 14, 2011

It's Only a Bird

But it's a domesticated bird...and it was just born today.  Yes, our cute little Zebra Finches laid two eggs a couple weeks ago.  One hatched today and the other will probably hatch in the next day or so.  It's rare to have the nest void of both mom and dad right now...so when I saw both of them out stretching and eating, I decided to grab the camera.


The kids have been giddy about it all afternoon.  I think James was the one to discover the egg had finally hatched.  And then those poor birds had to put up with all 8 of us fighting for our chance to actually see the miracle.  I'm amazed at how natural instincts come in to play and the birds just know what to do.  Makes Karen and I look bad as parents! :)

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I'm thinkin' it's not just "only a bird" but it's a reminder of how life happens in such exquisite ways. Thanks for the awesome reminder.