Monday, September 20, 2010

Birthday Princess

My oh my has the time flown! It feels like only yesterday we brought this little angel home from the hospital and here we are celebrating her 1st birthday. We tried to keep the number of gifts low since kids this age are usually happier with the cardboard box containing the gift. . .
. . . and well, she clearly thought the paper was for licking.
Now I get the satisfaction of her chewing on the toys and not the wrapping paper:)
No, she wasn't overwhelmed by the, ah, "help" her siblings provided.
Though she was a little unsure of what the large and dark thing was we gave her to eat, it didn't take long . . .
She really enjoys the feel and taste of different textures.
One of her gifts was a toy that I always thought was tons of fun for kids. Don't tell her but they now only manufacture bumbleballs to market for pets. So yes, I bought my infant a dog toy, but she really, really likes it!

5 comments:

Mychael-Ann said...

What? The Bumble is only for dogs now?! Gwen loved that thing. I forgot all about it. And that is one HUGE piece of cake! Such a cute girl!!!

Laurel said...

How is she 1 already?? How? How? How?

canNOT wait to see all your little bumkins (and you too, of course) in less than a week!

xoxo

Wendy said...

So, so, so cute! She is just adorable.

And, there is nothing wrong with getting animal toys for your kids! My kids loved the cat toys more than the cats did!

Love ya

Carolyn said...

So cute! And it looks like Eliza isn't the only one who enjoys the bumble ball. :) Time sure flies...

tall dad said...

Life goes full cycle. She has trouble getting food into her mouth at age 1 and I have trouble getting food into my mouth at age 71. And we are so dang cute, at least one of us is. What a sweet family.