Sunday, January 3, 2010

Marriage, Ribs, and Christmas

Yes, I've been known to be random.

1) For those blogger readers out there who don't comment, I have heard from enough of you to warrant a clarification on the last post. It was not my intention to compare my horrific driving experience in two feet of snow to the last 10 years of marriage. I happened to share that story coincidentally on our 10 year anniversary and both fit into the concept of a "journey." That's the only similarity. I should have elaborated a bit more on the past 10 years since I mentioned it in the same post. If I must compare, I would say my marriage has been a like walk on the beach with an eternal sunset for the backdrop. End of story. :)

2) If you have been trying to eat healthy and have reason to pat yourself on the back, don't go and eat a full rack of ribs at Chili's when you get the chance. Don't do it. They were delicious...but I paid for it about 6 hours later.

3) Grandparents have been asking for some Christmas pictures. I guess the pajamas weren't good enough.

Here is Anya sharing Christmas with a sister for the first time.
Mark was a great example for how a gentleman should not act. He dug around under that Christmas tree and only pulled out his presents. :)
Luke is infatuated with balls. If you want Luke to be your friend, simply give him a ball. If you look inside this inflatable device, you'll notice it's a ball paradise. Pay attention to where the balls are...I'll test you at the end of this post.
I think 6 year olds are the perfect age for Christmas. Or maybe it's just that James has a very expressive face. You can see the smile in his eyes.
Brothers. Mark and James were very methodical about how they opened their presents. After going through their stockings, they moved into their preparation of attack stage. It was a very serious discussion.


Without meaning to, we have a traditional 4 year old gift. Peter was the recipient this year. Our kids love the Leapster. Mark still pulls himself away from the Wii and DS to play his Leapster (when he can pry it out of Luke's hands).
Ok. Here's the test. Remember where the balls were? Yep. No more. I think this is something only veteran parents can handle. Because the balls were all over the first floor before long. And Peter and Luke turned the base of the fire truck into their personal lounge chair.

5 comments:

Laurel said...

i'm still gagging at the "eternal sunset" comment

but CUTE KIDS.

tall dad said...

Thanks for the pic's. Almost as good as being there Christmas morning. But only almost. Love this little family.

Mom said...

I, for one, like the "eternal sunset".
Love the pictures. It brings back a lot of memories from former years.
Thanks!!!!

Mychael-Ann said...

That is a smile on James I bet you could see from behind!

And the 3 mile walk in snow wearing church shoes was a questionable parable for marriage, but eternal sunset...

Sarah said...

I LOVE the smile on Mark's face in the picture with the Transformers. I can tell he is totally stoked about that gift! And Eliza is getting so big! All the kids are so cute.
Also, I don't know if it even matters, but I was having an extremely hard day when I read your post about journeys the other day, and as I got to the last paragraph where you talked about trials and patience... I'll admit it, I sat there and cried. It spoke to me. It was exactly what I needed to hear that day, at that moment. So thank you very much! And I didn't think that you were comparing your marriage to the harrowing drive-home experience, for what it's worth. You guys are the best!