Monday, March 9, 2009

Family Home Evening

We found a way that guarantees the kids stay engaged...all of them. Mark gave his first lesson tonight. And now he says that 4 times a year is not enough. I almost got a little choked up during his lesson. He started by showing a few pictures and asking questions. Then he read a few verses from different books in the scripture. And he ended with a flannel board story of the First Vision and his testimony. It was very sweet. And he did so well!

Here's just a little snippet...

4 comments:

Mom said...

Oh, does this bring back memories. Yes, it brought tears to my eyes also.
Tell Mark that I am so proud of him. He did a great job and is getting to big and learned.

Laurel said...

oh that is not even close to enough of a snippet...please show more.

and i'm not kidding...i STILL remember the first FHE lesson I ever gave. Grandma & Grandpa were there...and I taught the First vision...with the flannel board.

He'll never forget it and someday when he's teaching that same truth as a missionary and the spirit is there, it will be because of what he learned from his goodly parents.

i love you guys so much.
miss you too.
xoxo

Elaine said...

Oh my. I am so deeply moved by this. Truth coming from a child to other children. What a blessing! I've been feeling a bit sad today and this was a solid reminder of what matters most. Thank you dear Karen and David for what you are doing. I love you all!

Anonymous said...

A snippet? That's it? One lousy snippet?? You could make a full length Mormon ad with this, and all you give me is a snippet! My heart is ready to burst. May the Lord continue to bless you.