Monday, February 2, 2009

Softer than rain

Snowfall here in central Virginia is not as quiet as other places we've lived. Have you ever been outside at night when it's snowing? It's always seemed extremely quiet. I would stand there and watch the snow fall, but I would never hear anything...I love that sound! :) But here, with all the trees, it almost sounds like rain...but much softer. And I love this sound as well. So yes, it has finally snowed here. I don't think we'll get much. But at this point I'm willing to take anything.

I love how clean snow makes the earth appear. I love the light against the dark background with a blanket of white on the ground. This picture is a perfect illustration of a welcoming home to a wandering stranger.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soft rain? What a wonderful expression. However, what the heck do you call that stuff that bounces off the hood of a car like we had last Tuesday? Love to you.

Laurel said...

"perfect illustration of a welcoming home to a wandering stranger"
i love that.

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.