Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday drive home

I got to drive with the family on the way home today. It was a welcomed sight. It worked out so I could carpool with someone this morning to my meetings and I didn't have any responsibilities right after church...so I enjoyed a pleasant ride home. And this is what I learned and heard:

James: It's impossible to frown when you're eating a Frosty. (No...we didn't stop at Wendy's on the way home. We just happened to be driving past one when he said it.)

Mark and Anya: Mark had his baptismal interview with the Bishop today. So we talked about it on our way home. Part of the conversation revolved around Mark explaining to the Bishop that he was up past 11pm reading his new cub scout manual after Mom and Dad fell asleep last night. We asked what the Bishop's response was and Mark told us that he was "amused."

I was thinking, "I'm amused that Mark used that word and he probably doesn't know what it means." But Anya said it out loud.

Anya - Do you know what amused means?
Mark - Don't go there!
Anya - Oh, I'm going there.
Mark - silence
Anya - What? Are you afraaaaaaaaid?!?

It was very cute. And Karen and I looked at each other and knew it was blog worthy. :)

5 comments:

Laurel said...

where do your kids learn "don't go there"?!?

HMMMMMM??

too funny.

Elaine said...

What a crew! I love them to pieces. Can't wait to do just that in a few days.

Anonymous said...

Where does a 7 year old come off saying---"don't go there"? What a fun Sunday drive home. See everyone on Saturday. Can not wait.

Uzi said...

Your family pictures turned out darling! Good to see your long effects of staying in the sun didn't show through! :)

Anonymous said...

i loved that drive home.