Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Love You No Matter What

The Primary children all wrote a simple statement why they loved their mom. And then those reasons were simply listed by "author" in our program for church today. It was very sweet. It was titled, "I love my mom because..." This is what our kids wrote:

Luke - She makes cookies and gets donuts.
Peter - She gives me fun snacks especially donuts.
James - She's nice.
Anya - She helps me stay on the right path.
Mark - She comforts me and talks me through problems.

And I just have to share Mark's letter to Karen last night. It reads:

Happy Mother's day!

I'm glad that every year we kids get to express how much we love our moms. Every fight that we get into, even if I won't admit it, I love you no matter what. I'm glad that we are mother & son. Thanks for being my mom. I love you. (He even drew a flower.)

Mark

Our really good kids have a really incredible mom. And I'm glad I have both! :)

4 comments:

Mom said...

We think that she is pretty incredible also.
So are you and your kids. We love you all.

Laurel said...

are you kidding me with that?
SO SWEET.

Your children are a reflection of both of you and I LOVE IT!

Thanks for sharing.
xoxo

Elaine said...

And for the record, you chose Karen and what a wonderful choice. Love you all!! Oh, and your kids are pretty wonderful as well. And, as a matter of fact, I think you are also the best:-)

tall dad said...

You must be pleased as punch. What a wonderful blog to share with us. Thanks.