Friday, March 12, 2010

The Snow is Gone

I am thrilled that the snow is gone and the weather is starting to get nice again. Anya has been quoted as saying that she "has had enough snow to last the rest of my life, or at least for two years." Aside from that things have been very unexciting, and yet busy here. Since I can't bear the shame of how long it has been since I/we blogged, here is a tidbit.
Luke is 2. To anyone with children, you understand that that means he does what he wants, when he wants, how he wants and the rest of us be hanged. So basically he stopped taking official naps a few months ago. Now he naps in the car and every couple of days somewhere like this. The poor little bean just runs until he drops somewhere, anywhere. He really is deceptively angelic when he is asleep.

Every now and then, usually following the entertainment of a Jane Austen type film, I think, hey I could roll my hair in rags and it could look like the actresses who have paid hairstylists on call. Yeah, well, this time I actually learned something. I did try the rag curlers a few weeks back and through my own blunders ended up with a white girl afro, like I always manage to create. However, I have figured out what I was doing wrong and I am looking forward to trying it again. The hair in this picture was done with a curling iron, but I think I can get the same basic thing with the rags. After all it is much easier to style hair in 9 hours on my back than the 2 hours on my feet that this took. It's movie star or anything, but I was pretty happy with the results.


3 comments:

Elaine said...

I'm not sure which picture I think is the most adorable:-) Cute, cute mom and cute, cute little boy. So glad you blogged. I've missed you.

Mom said...

I love both of the pictures. Both very cute.
I have to agree with Anya enough is enough for the snow.
Thanks for blogging. I love reading them.

tall dad said...

What a cute profile. That David is one lucky guy. And you both do a good job of making delightful babies. Thanks